Looking for quotes about breakups and moving on? Here are the best breakup quotes that will help you get over a breakup.
Breaking up with someone you love is so painful. But moving and forgetting the past can be very hard, especially when the wound is still new.
Breakups are never easy. But the positive side of it is that it helps you to improve your life as you heal your broken heart.
Letting go of the one we love gives us the opportunity to love ourselves, and equally realize that we are not alone in our heartbreak. There are millions of people out there crying and feeling the same pains we feel for our failed relationship.
Whether you’re prepared to move on or still feeling lonely, dejected, or hurt, reading some inspirational break up quotes about love will help you to recover when your heart is broken.
Here are the best breakup quotations after a heartbreak. Recover from your emotional pains with these post-breakup quotes.
Breakup Quotes to recover from a heartbreak
Below are some relationship break-up quotes to help you heal emotionally after a heartbreak.
- “A broken relationship is never a broken life. Therefore, arise and move on with your life.” Johnson Bella
- “Love is sweet, sometimes bitter. Embrace the two.” Henry Dolf
- “Letting go does not mean you are too weak to revenge, but a sign of self-respect.” Nicholas Kimpola
- “People will never know your worth until they lose you.” Abraham Davis
- “Life comes in two forms- the good and the bad. Try to cope with the two.” Benson Charles
- “Crying or shedding tears will never bring back a broken relationship. Embrace the truth and move on.” Kristin Mary
- “You better hold on to what you have. The past is gone and will never return.” Michael Twain
- “How I love you, dear. My heart bleeds because of you. I will forever miss you.” Sarah Nipon
- I thought we’re meant to be but never knew destiny would do us apart. Goodbye, the love of my soul.” Margret John
- “Breakups are not meant to destroy us, but to teach us everything we forgot about ourselves.” Dennis Wisdom
Breakup Quotes for him
Below are some warm break-up messages for him. These are the best break-up message for your boyfriend to recover faster. It is also contains some goodbye messages for boyfriend after breakup.
- “The pains of true love pierces a broken heart.” Ben Isaac
- “Love does not know its time of death until the hour of separation.” Khalil Gibran
- “Never make anyone your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” Mark Twain
- “One day they will surely look for you and will not find you. They will try harder to reconnect with you but it’s already late.” Mary Johnson
- “Do not allow anyone to make you unhappy. Those who left you will later realize they made a great mistake.” John Khali
- “If they have stopped loving you, move on without an apology.” Christiana C.
- “Failed relationships are great teachers of what true love is all about.” Nelson Matthew
- “I do not regret knowing or loving you. It is part of life.” Ben Jhala
- “Those I love have departed from me, but I wish they can see everything they missed about me.” Mary Johnson
- “No matter how hard your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” — Faraaz Kazi
Breakup quotes for her
Below are some heart-touching break up quotes for girls. These break-up messages will help her feel faster. It also contains some goodbye messages to girlfriend after breakup.
- “Every sad story has an end.”
- “It is better to break up than to be in a relationship full of cheating and lying.” Anonymous
- “Let go of a man who don’t deserve your love, neither does he value your existence.” Christiana Johnson
- “Someone must go for another person to come in.” Anonymous
- “Forget the past, forget the pain, focus on bettering yourself.”
- “You are becoming the woman you had wanted to be if only you will learn to move on.” Elizabeth Tracy
- “Dating the wrong person stings. It is better to let go than to die in silence.” Margret John
- “Some relationships are not meant to last forever. Forget the past and move on.” Anonymous
- “I don’t care what people will say. The most important thing is to remain happy.” John E. Okra
- “Forget them, move on. One day they will look back and regret why they left you.”
Heart touching breakup quotes
- “I have stopped thinking about you long ago. Everything about you has escaped my mind.”
- “Cheer up! Broken heart. You are too important to be unhappy.”
- “Stop crying, beautiful angel. He lost you, you didn’t lose him.”
- “We are meant to love and hate, be hurt, and let go of the past.”
- “Separation is the disunion of two persons that ought not to be together. Let it hurt, let it bleed, but move on.”
- “A good start does not always guarantee a happy end.”
- “I thought I was in love, but never knew it was infatuation.”
- “Don’t be sorry for your past mistakes, betrayal of trust, and failed relationships. Work on making today better than yesterday”
- “This is not the right time to cry or weep over your break up. It is time to restructure your life for a better person to come in.” Margret Helen.
- “Cry, weep, and let it hurt. But don’t forget that the wrong people are not meant to remain in our lives.”
Positive breakup quotes
- “Getting over a breakup does not happen overnight. It requires patience. Therefore, calm down, everything will be fine.” Benson C.
- “Some relationships and love are like a mirror.They are meant to break someday.” Thomas Vine
- “Your sorrow is only but a moment. Move on and be happy again.” John C. Camel
- “Stop waiting for anyone to tell you is over. You are the only one feeling your pains.” James Okafor
- “It is better to be single than to be in a toxic relationship.”
- “Sometimes, letting go is the best option when life comes with a bitter experience.”
- “The pains may be unbearable, but be strong even to the end.”
- “Heart issues are the most painful experience anyone can have. When they break your heart, do not live it there. Pick it up, and fix it immediately.”
- “Breaking up with an ex is better than living with a nagging and abusive partner.”
- “Learn to let go of the past. It is the only thing that will hinder you from enjoying today’s benefits.”
Love Breakup Quotes
- ” Love comes with good and sad experiences. Accept the two and keep loving others.”
- “The hottest love has the deepest end.”
- “The heart was made to be broken.” Oscar Wilde
- “The hardest thing I’ll ever do is walk away still loving you.” Tracy Lawrence
- “Love is unconditional. Relationships are not.” Grant Gudmunson.
- “I do not blame you for hurting me. I blame myself for opening my heart for you to come in.”
- “Loving you will never be my greatest mistake. We are born to love and we shall continue to love.”
- “I thought I have found the bone of my bone and the flesh of my flesh. But I have realized that we are not meant to be together.”
- You left me thinking I cannot stay without you. But I’m even happy without you now.”
- “Every broken heart can be mended again.”
- “I gave you a chance to love me, but you end up breaking my heart.”
- “Don’t trust too much. Don’t love too much. Don’t hope too much. Because too much can hurt you so much.”
Sad breakup quotes
- “I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would me cry.” Dr. Seuss.
- “Don’t cry when the sun is gone because the tears won’t let you see the stars.” Violeta Para
- “Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.”
- “I sought for you, but I couldn’t find you. I miss you, the love of my life.”
- “I will never forget the memories we shared. You are the only one my heart wants.”
- “I cry every night because of you. I wish we never met.”
- “You have inflicted my heart with a wound that will never get healed.”
- “Do not allow your ex to see your tears. Always put on a smile whenever you meet them.”
- “I may not be perfect, but I need someone who will love me even in my imperfection.”
- “Your absence makes me sick. I miss you.”
- “When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” Kahlil Gibran.
- “Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt.”
- “He who spends time regretting the past loses the present and risks the future.” Quevedo
Friendship breakup quotes
Below are some sad quotes about friendship breakups.
- “Your worst enemies are your closest friends.”
- “If it was a stranger that betrayed me, I would have said is normal. But you, the one I trusted most broke my trust.”
- “I thought you were a friend, but never knew you were an enemy in disguise.
- “It really pains to see someone you told your whole secrets betraying you.”
- “Friendship is like a building. Once it collapses, you either start afresh or move to another place.”
- “I spent many years telling you everything about me, thinking you are a real friend. How come did you betray me?
- “Not every friend is allowed to know your house. Some are enemies in disguise.”
- “It is better to be hurt by your enemy than by your closest friend.”
- “I never imagined our friendship will someday tear apart.”
- “I have come to realize that it is never good to trust anyone until you have tested and proven them.”
After breakup quotes
- “Sometimes you don’t have to worry too much. You just have to let go.”
- “Love is a risk, and those who give out their heart should always be ready to mend it any time it breaks
- “I love you with my heart. But I have seen that the best option is to let go.”
- “When I gave my heart to you, I never knew you will hurt me someday.”
- “The end of love is the beginning of love.”
- “Relationships tear apart for us to build a stronger one.”
- “The time we spent together. Our happy moments will all flash in your mind. That time you will look for me and will not find me.”
- “I do not regret breaking up with you. I regret loving someone who doesn’t deserve my love.”
- “Every living being has hope. Forget your past pains. Forgive those who wronged you and move on.”
- “Love is blind, but I wasn’t blind before choosing you.”
Motivational quotes after breakup
Below are some breakup motivation quotes. Use these captions to motivate yourself or a friend after a break-up.
- “I didn’t lose you. You lost me. You’ll search for me inside of everyone you’re with and I won’t be found.”
- “Do not cry because your boyfriend left you. Rejoice because he will look for someone like you but can’t find.”
- “Love the heart that hurts you, but never hurt the heart that loves you.” Vipin Sharm.
- “The best way to experience joy is to allow pain to come first.”
- “Don’t be afraid to stand for what you believe in, even if that means standing alone.” Andy Biersack.
- “Do not let others decide to make you happy or sad. You have control over your life.”
Funny breakup quotes
- “You broke my heart thinking I will run after you. I have quietly fix it together.”
- “Thank God I have finally broken up with the ugly thing that scares me.”
- “You broke my heart, and not my legs, so I move on.”
- “If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, set them on fire.”
- “Goodbye is the only word I have been trying to tell you since I started dating you.”
- “If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, set them on fire.” early never paid for a divorce!”
- “You broke my heart thinking you are going to have yours. I’m a good heart breaker.”
- “You have done the best for me by setting me free.”
Move on quotes after break up
- “The toughest part of letting go is realizing the other person already did.” Lalla
- “Holding your grudges and pains to yourself is not wisdom. Let go.”
- “You are doing yourself good than harm when you forgive and move on.”
- “Let no one make you unhappy. If they can’t stay with you, then let them go.”
- “Life is all about choices. You chose whether to forgive or not. But I advise you to let go of the past to enjoy your present life.”
- “I can choose to let it define me, confine me, refine me, outshine me, or I can choose to move on and leave it behind me.”
Inspirational breakup quotes
Below are the best post-breakup inspirational quotes to read.
- “Never love anybody who treats you like you’re ordinary.” Oscar Wilde
- “You can let go if only you are willing to.”
- “Nothing hinders you so much like refusing to forgive others.”
- “What have you lost now they are no more?
- “Do not let them know you miss them, but let them know you can do better even without them.”
- “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” Paul Boese
Deep breakup quotes
- “It’s not differences that divide us. It’s our judgments about each other that do.” Margaret Wheatley
- “They are gone. You cannot make them return. Show them you can live without them.”
- “You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them … but still move on without them.” Mandy Hale
- “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” Alexander Graham Bell
- “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” Leo Buscaglia
Short breakup quotes
- “The best way to make your heart stronger is to allow it to be broken.”
- “The heart was made to be broken.” Oscar Wilde
- “The hottest love has the coldest end.” Socrates
- “If you really love someone, set them free. If they do not come back to you, then it was not meant to be.”
- “No matter how hard your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” Faraaz Kazi
- “Pain makes you stronger, fear makes you braver, heartbreak makes you wiser.”
- “No boyfriend, no problems.”
- “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can come together.”