Full explanation of the term ‘love vs infatuation‘. Learn the difference between love and infatuation in this article.
The term infatuation is different from love. Most people thought they are the same, but they are not.
Infatuation keeps you thinking about your crush. It makes you obsessed. But love takes time to grow.
For instance, two people met on a social media, the next thing you know, they have fallen in love. They proceed to date each other without knowing whether they are actually in love or just being infatuated. Love does not grow that fast. It takes time and commitment to develop.
What is Love?
The word “Love” is a deep and passionate feelings for someone or something. It is characterized by patience, kindness, loyalty etc.
What is Infatuation?
According to VOCABULARY , infatuation means ” falling in love with or becoming extremely interested in someone for a short time” Infatuation is often short termed.
Difference between Love and Infatuation
- INFATUATION is hasty and impatient.
- It does not suffer long. In other words, everything about infatuation is very quick.
- Therefore, it grows very fast as it ought not to.
- LOVE always does good and brings happiness to the other person.
- INFATUATION brings unhappiness to the other person.
- LOVE does not resent the other person’s progress.
- INFATUATION resents the other person’s progress.
- LOVE does not seek for itself. Meaning that love is selfless.
- INFATUATION is self-seeking and self-promoting.
- LOVE does not display excessive self-esteem.
- Love is not condescending towards men of low status.
- INFATUATION is limited in self-evaluation and is likely to be arrogant.
- LOVE is not inattentive to good manners and proper behavior.
- It enables people to be free from self-inflicted slavery
Differentiate Love from Infatuation
- INFATUATION is self-consuming and inattentive to good manners .
- Genuine love is not concerned exclusively with itself.
- It takes into consideration the other person’s interest.
- Love listens to the feelings of others . It is ever ready to resolve any conflict.
- It makes sacrifices for the well-being of others.
- INFATUATION is relenting, self-oriented, and pursues personal interest.
- LOVE is not easily angered.
- Love is gentle.
- It is soft with words even in the face of provocation
- INFATUATION is a fertile ground for offence.
- Expectations are often disappointed.
- LOVE does not keep record of wrongs. Therefore, it understands that no one is perfect.
- INFATUATION often dwells on wrongs committed by others.
- LOVE allows room to disagree.
How Do I know if its true Love or Infatuation
- INFATUATION says, ‘My opinion is the best and should be taken.
- It generates and cultivates an atmosphere of fear, which automatically kills love.
- There is no freedom of express opinions differing from that of your partner.
- LOVE keeps away from immoral behavior. Therefore, it hates and condemns sin.
- INFATUATION is immoral and creates an environment for sin. In other words, you cannot be in a platonic friendship if you’re infatuated.
- LOVE displays sincerity and honesty.
- INFATUATION lacks the foundation for sincerity and honesty.
Love vs Infatuation
- LOVE is being loyal and committed to a person or cause, irrespective of the challenges.
- INFATUATION does not respond to loyalty.
- It is flighty at the emergence of a challenge.
- LOVE is ever ready to believe the best of every person.
- INFATUATION breeds suspicion and easily sees faults.
- LOVE breeds unity between two people.
- INFATUATION encourages disunity.
- LOVE faces difficulties.
- It confronts opposition with calmness .
- INFATUATION does not face difficulties.
- LOVE never ceases. In other words, it never ends.
- INFATUATION has a lifespan. In other words, it can fade away at any time.
- LOVE does not criticize but gives correction when it is necessary.
- INFATUATION is quick to highlight other people’s weaknesses.
Is it Really Love or Lust?
- LOVE always upholds the truth.
- INFATUATION will hide the truth to cover up wrong-doing.
- LOVE is content. Love is not covetous of material things.
- When you’re infatuated, you think your partner is perfect.
- INFATUATION seeks material things to substain a relationship and obtain approval.
- LOVE respects every man.
- INFATUATION encourages dishonourable behaviour.
- LOVE provides a helping hand.
- It seeks to know and meet the needs of the other person.
- It protects and gives guidance to the other person.
- INFATUATION is more exploitative and demanding.
- INFATUATION does not encourage an environment for growth.
- LOVE is reliable and responsible.
- It provides security and a sense of belonging
- INFATUATION lacks sense of well-being.
- LOVE is flexible, not rigid. It accommodates other people.
- Whereas lust does not.
- INFATUATION is an oppressive state of unfulfilment and dissatisfaction.
- LOVE focuses on inner beauty (Character and not appearance)
Signs of Infatuation and Love
- Infatuation is more concerned with physical attraction and not character.
- Love is not short lived. In other words, it can last forever
- Infatuation is short lived. Therefore, it does not last for a long period of time.
- LOVE calms down. In other words, it does not make you act crazy.
- Infatuation makes you act crazy
- Love is moderate
- Infatuation is reckless with ones emotion
- Love is genuine. Therefore, it has no ulterior motive.
- Infatuation has ulterior motives.
- Love is deep
- Infatuation is shallow
- Love is a kind of energetic
- Infatuation is self centered and draining.
- Love is generous
- Infatuation is possessive
- Love answers all question
- Infatuation keeps you guessing
- Love is mature
- Infatuation is childish
- Love is most importantly content with one person
- Infatuation is polygamous in nature
- Love leaves with explanation
- Infatuation leaves without any explanation
- Love is defined
- Infatuation is undefined
- Infatuation makes you act irrationally or ‘crazy.’ Love calms you down.
- It is intense but short-lived.
- Love is comfortable but lasts longer.
- Infatuation is reckless with our emotions. Love is more considerate.
According to MARI COLHAM
- When infatuated with someone, you become lost in the emotion of a toxic desire
- Infatuation is a moment of getting carried away by a toxic and addictive love.
- It usually happens at the start of a relationship while the sexual attraction is strong
Infatuation is based on physical attraction.
Love is an inner feeling and not necessarily outward.
Infatuation can be said to be a wolf in sheep clothing.
It starts a relationship and moves as fast as Lightning.
When you are really in Love, you try your best to sustain your relationship.
When you’re infatuated you tend to loose interest very quickly when the relationship is not working as you expected.
Infatuation would like to control a relationship.
Whereas Love is loyal.
It is not rude, it is always kind.
Infatuation is arrogant. A Healthy relationship cannot be built with arrogance.
Infatuation does not listen to his/her partner’s opinion.
Arrogance in a relationship is a sign of unhealthy relationship.