Building a relationship with a sensitive person may seem difficult because such people get scared quickly and start crying unexpectedly. Here are the things you really need to know about a highly sensitive person in love.
Read also, Relationship red flags you shouldn’t ignore.
Who is a Highly Sensitive Person?
The word ‘sensitive’, according to the Cambridge Dictionary means “Understanding what other people need, and being helpful and kind to them”
A highly sensitive person is someone who detects other people’s feelings without them telling him/her first. Below are some signs of a highly sensitive person.
- They cannot handle any violence.
- They get depressed after hearing about any abuse or assault.
- They cannot watch scary movies
- They can’t read stories about cruelty without crying.
● Such people feel exhausted after listening to their partners’ emotions. While talking to you, they do not simply hear what you say; they absorb your negative feelings. What is more, it is impossible to hide your real emotions from such individuals because they can understand them by reading your body language or listening to your voice.
● They have to spend more time alone. It does not mean that all of them are introverts. Some of them can be extroverts who enjoy being crowded by others. However, it takes more time for them to get energized again, and they need to spend more time in a silent place in order to communicate with you again.
Read also, how to build trust in a relationship.
How to Date a Highly Sensitive Person?
As you understand, dating a highly sensitive person is not the same as building relationships with someone less emotional. That is why it is essential to keep some things in mind while having conversations with your partner, even if you are talking via the Internet. In this case, we offer you to follow these online dating tips for men and women:
Such people want to be more engaged in the lives of their significant others. So, let your partner know more about things that happen daily and share details. Even though they can be insignificant to you, hearing them will mean much to your partner.
2. Nevery to scare them:
Since such people get emotional quickly, do not try to scare them. In this case, do not offer your partner to watch a movie with some unexpected scenes or never create tension before sharing some big news.
3. Give him/her some space:
A highly sensitive person in love needs some space. Giving him/her some space will help energize them. Don’t always disturb your partner. Allow him/her to feel a little sigh of relief. Let your partner stay alone for a longer time, and you will be surprised by how energetic your partner is after hours of silence.
4. Do not try to hide your emotions:
As mentioned above, highly sensitive people easily understand if you are in a bad mood. That is why you should never try to hide what you feel. Tell your partner everything to avoid further conflicts. Otherwise, your significant other may think that you do not trust him or her. This tip is useful only if you have been dating for a while and can rely on this person.
Importance of Dating a Highly Sensitive Person?
Some people may think that it is a misery to date a too sensitive person because you have to keep many things in mind. However, it is not so because such people can bring much joy to your life, and here are the main reasons why such dating is wonderful:
1.Your partner will always understand you:
A highly sensitive person in love understands his/her partner better. Since such a person absorbs your emotions, you will never stay alone without any support. These individuals are more caring than anyone else. That is why they will try to solve your problems if you feel sad or have more complicated issues regardless of your location.
2.Your significant other is not afriad to show real emotions:
Such a trait will help you build a deeper connection, even if you have never dated offline. Your partner is ready to talk if you have any issues, and it will help you get to the next level of their relationships faster.
3. Such a person will never lie:
It is not because he or she wants to tell the truth, but because they consider your feelings a lot. Therefore, they can’t just lie to you. They don’t want to hurt your feelings.