You may ask yourself “What are the types of relationship we have? The truth is that we have different types of relationship. But I am going to focus on the 4 major types of relationship we have. These four types of relationships are the ones you may likely find yourself in. Every relationship you get into must fall in one of these categories. Before we move to the 4 major types of relationship we have, it is good to know what relationship is all about first. Merriam-Webster defined relationship as ” 1. The state of being related or interrelated” 2. “The relation connecting or binding participants in a relationship: such as kinship. 3 a. “A state of affairs existing between those having relations or dealings. b. ” A romantic or passionate attachment.” All these are the definitions of relationship. Having know the definition of relationship, I will like to take you a little further to what relationship is all about. It is very funny that a lot of people start up a relationship without knowing what it is all about. Or even the type of relationship they are into. Don’t be surprised that you may be in this categories of people who don’t know the type of relationship they are into. But you don’t have to worry yourself. The purpose of this article is to help you to know the types of relationship we have. Have you ever for a day asked yourself a question like these ” What type of relationship am I into? “What of if I ask help from people. Will I find the answer to my question? Maybe you have been browsing on google to know if you can find an answer to your question (Types of relationship). Don’t worry, here we go!Skip back to main navigation
4 Major types of relationship you should know.
1. Casual Relationship:A Casual Relationship simply means ” A relationship that needs no commitment”. According to Wikipedia, Casual relationship means ” A physical and emotional relationship between two people who may have casual sexual relationship without expecting commitments.” In this type of relationship it needs no commitment. It is just like being mere friends and close to each other. People in Casual Relationship often overlook commitment. Their main aim is just to be together. Have fun and enjoy themselves. You receive what you want from your partner. He/she receives from you also. The major thing about casual relationship is that it lacks commitment. You are free to date anyone you like.
2. Long Distance Type of Relationship:A long distance Relationship is the type of relationship between two people who live faraway from each other and are unable to meet on daily basis. Urban Dictionary defined long distance relationship as ” a strong emotional commitment to one who is faraway. And often beyond physical access most of the time”. Most of long distance relationship don’t succeed. Some end in breakup why others succeed. The reason is because they could not sustain the relationship. Long distance relationship has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Long distance relationship
- Privacy: Those in a long distance relationship seems to have their privacy often. In a long distant relationship, you have the time and opportunity to go to any place you like. Visit friends and so on.
Disadvantages of long distance relationship.
- Unnecessary Fear: This type of relationship creates fear in the life of both partners. The fear of loosing each other or breakup . The fear of being abandoned, etc.
Open Relationship:An open Relationship is the type of relationship where both partners agree to have affairs with other people.
Romantic Relationship:A Romantic Relationship simply means an intimate relationship. A type of relationship with great intimacy. A relationship based on mutual love. In this type of relationship, you are more concerned about your partner’s well being and happiness than yours. Though this type of relationship is often sexual, but they don’t have to be. It is a type of relationship based on mutual respect. Love, concern and affection for one another. That this type of relationship is often sexual does not mean that everyone in this type of relationship engage in sexual activities with their partner. You can be in this type of relationship without involving in sexual act. It is a matter of defining your relationship and making your interest known to your partner.
In Conclusion of types of relationship:All other types of relationship falls under this 4 categories. Be it toxic relationship or whatsoever you may call it. The only difference is your partner’s personality. How he/she treats you in the relationship.
- I am Onwe Damian Chukwuemeka, a motivational writer. I believe in writing and inspiration. Keep calm! Go through my site and be inspired.