1.”A strong feeling of deep affection for somebody or something”
2.”An intense feeling of affection you feel”
3.”A burning desire that cannot be easily quenched”
4.”A passionate feeling that goes beyond ordinary like for something or someone”
5. “a hole in the heart” by Ben Hecht
6. a grave mental disease” by Plato “a grave mental disease”
7. “Desperate madness” according to John Ford
8. “a sentimental measles” Charles Kingsley
9. “A mutual understanding” according to Oscar Wilde
10. a very strong emotion for something or someone
b. “A great interest and pleasure in something” according to English Oxford Living Dictionary
12. “A strong feeling of affection and sexual attraction for someone” according to Lexico Dictionary
13. “To like another adult very much and be romantically and sexually attracted to them, or to have strong feelings of liking a friend or person in your family” by Cambridge Dictionary
14. “A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person” according to Dictionary
15. “An experience one person feels for another” according to Wikipedia
16. feelings of tenderness towards something or someone
17. an intimate feeling for someothing or someone
18. To have or develop sexual desire
19. To develop passion, concern and feelings for someone or something.
20. To like something because it is good
21. To take delight in something or someone.
Bible definitions of Love
The Holy Bible in 1 Corinthians 13:4- 8 (Good News Bible) summarized love in the following ways:
Characteristics of love
- Love is patient and kind.
- It is not jealous or conceited or proud.
- Love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable
- It does not keep a record of wrongs.
- It is not happy with evil but is happy with the truth.
- Love never gives up, and its faith and patience never fail.
- Love is eternal.